- “Liscentious Underworlds: The Commodification and Regulation of Sexuality in Antebellum American Popular Culture”. Sexuality and Consumption – 18th Century to 21st Century, University of Vienna, November 2018.
- “Erotic Encounters: Sexualizing the City in 19th Century American Culture”. Persons and Sexualities. Mansfield College, Oxford, July 2016.
- Panel Chair. Embodiment, Perception, and Critical Practice. Bochum, July 2016.
- “Of Ladies, Flower Girls and Brothel Madams: Womanhood and Female Sexuality in American City Mystery Novels”. Popular Culture – Serial Culture: Nineteenth-Century Serial Fictions in Transnational Perspective, 1830s-1860s. Siegen University, April 2016.
- “Von Seeräubern und Gouverneurstöchtern: Piraten auf der Kinoleinwand” [Of Bandits at Sea and Governors’ Daughters: Pirates on Screen”]. Guest Lecture, Romance Studies, Ruhr-University Bochum, January 2016. [Invited.]
- “Accept yourself and beware of the risks: ‘Failure’ in Post-Feminist Beauty Culture”. The Failed Individual. Mannheim University, November 2015.
- “Swashbuckling Damsels and Queer Buccaneers: Pirates as Figures of Transgression in 21st Century Hollywood Cinema”. Guest lecture, University of Vienna. January 2015. [Invited.]
- “Sex in the City: Urban Sexuality in Antebellum American Literature”. American Antiquarian Society Fellows’ Talk, Worcester, Massachusetts. September 2014.
- “Lonely Men in the City: Refn’s Drive and McQueen’s Shame“. Visions of Identity: Global Film & Media – The Fourth Annual London Film and Media Conference. June 2014.
- Panel Chair: “Visualizing Katrina: Documentary”. After the Storm: The Cultural Politics of Hurricane Katrina. Ruhr-University Bochum, December 2013.
- “Piraten im Hollywoodkino: Piraterie- und Geschlechterdiskurse in Pirates of the Caribbean“. Populäre Piraten: Vermessung eines Feldes. Deutsches Literaturarchiv Marbach. September 2012. [Invited.]
- “Monstrous Modifications: The Politics of Monstrosity in Critical Makeover Narratives‘“. Re-Thinking the Monstrous: Violence and Criminality in Society. LMU Munich. July 2011.
- Panel Chair: “Theory”. Re-Thinking the Monstrous: Violence and Criminality in Society. LMU Munich. July 2011.
- “‘I just want to be perfect‘: Body Projects in Contemporary American Culture“. A Reading of Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan. American Bodies: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Modes of Power. Fourth International Graduate Conference. FU Berlin. May 2011.
- “Dissecting the Norm? Plastic Surgery, Deviant Bodies and the Politics of the Monstrous in Nip/Tuck“. Breaking Boundaries: Body Politics and the Dynamics of Difference. Sarah Lawrence College, New York. March 2011.
- “Monstrous Makeovers: Self-Transformation, Gender Trouble and Bodily Resistance in Chuck Palahniuk’s Invisible Monsters“. II International Conference the Texts of the Body, Generating Bodies: Discursive Sexed Productions, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, November/December 2010.
- “‘I can‘t believe it’s me’ – Making Over Bodies and Selves in American Culture.“ BOND – The BOchum and DortmuND American Studies Dissertation Colloquium, TU Dortmund and Ruhr-University Bochum, January 2009.
- “The New You‘: Transformations of Bodies and Selves in Contemporary American Culture.“ Postgraduate Forum DGfA, Westfälische Wilhelms-University Münster, November 2008.
- ‘Yo-ho, A Pirates Life For Me.‘ – Queer Positionalities, Heteronormativity, and Piracy in Pirates of the Caribbean.“ Postgraduate Forum DGfA, TU Chemnitz, November 2006 and BOND – The BOchum and DortmuND American Studies Dissertation Colloquium, TU Dortmund and Ruhr-University Bochum, January 2008.
- “Female Bodies and Agents in the Public Discourse.” Feminist Conversations. University Duisburg-Essen. January 2019. [Invitation].
- “The First Ladies of the USA.” Presentation. US-American Evening of the International Office of the Ruhr-University Bochum. July 2017.
- “Wege ins Weiße Haus: Die First Ladies der USA”. Wege ins Weiße Haus. Vorträge zur Wahl in den USA. Blue Square. Bochum, November 2016.
- “Geschminkte Piraten: Geschlechterrollenverschiebungen, globalisierungs- und kapitalismuskritische Momente in den Filmen von Fluch der Karibik.” Panel discussion with high school students in the context of the Autumn Academy “Talent and Responsibility” organized by the Catholic Academy “Die Wolfsburg”, the Ministry of School and Further Education and the foundation “Partner for Schools North Rhine-Westphalia”. October 2011. [Invitation].
- Co-organizer of the Ruhr PhD Forum in American Studies. Ruhr-University Bochum/TU Dortmund/University Duisburg-Essen. 27-28 January 2012, 18-19 January 2013, 24-25 January 2014.
- Co-organizer of „Bond – The BOchum DortmuND Dissertation Colloquium“. Ruhr-Universität Bochum/TU Dortmund. 30-31 January 2009, 29-30 January 2010, 28-29 January 2011.
- Member of the Organizing Team of the 54th Annual Meeting of the GAAS, 2007.